There are three hostels (one for Men / Two for Women) in the campus.
- Philip Hostel for Men.
- Kasturba Hostel for women on triple sharing basis with bath attached rooms.
- Susan Hostel for women for double / triple / 4 in a room with bath attached rooms and air-conditioned rooms.
- Details of the hostel fee and vacancies are available in the Hostel Office.
- The Chief Warden (Principal)
- Hostel Manager.
- Resident Wardens for men's hostels.
- Resident Wardens for women's hostels
Admission Details for Hostel
- Application for admission to the hostel should be made in the prescribed form. A passport size photograph must be affixed. A student seeking hostel admission must give a declaration in writing that he/she will abide by the rules of the hostel. This shall be endorsed by the parent or guardian.
- Membership is terminated automatically at the end of each academic year. Students, who are desirous of returning to the hostel, shall make a fresh application for re-admission.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission to the hostels for any student without assigning any reason or to expel any member in the interest of the welfare of the campus.
- A student admitted to the hostel will have no claim to any particular room available in the same category. He/She has to stay in the room allotted to him/her with two or more residents.
- Student admitted to the hostel for a particular year should pay the fee for the entire period of one year, regardless of the date of joining.
- A student who joins the hostel is expected to stay for a minimum period of one academic year and anyone leaving the hostel before completion of the period will forfeit the establishment charges, caution deposit and the fee paid.
- A student who reserves his seat and pays the fee for hostel accommodation will not be eligible for refund, if he/she doesn’t want to stay in the hostel.
- The decision of the management shall be final.
Hostel Rules & Regulations
- All residents should be back in their respective rooms by 6.00 p.m. (Women's Hostel) and 8.30 p.m. (Men's Hostel)
- Attendance will be taken after that time and if any student is found absent without proper intimation, proper disciplinary action will be taken.
- Strict silence should be observed in the hostel especially during 8.30 p.m. to 8.30 a.m. the next day morning.
- No women should be entertained in the men's hostel and vice versa.
- Cleanliness should be maintained in the hostel rooms and toilets.
- All the students should carry their hostel and college ID cards at all times.
- All the occupants of a room are equally responsible for any damage, loss of furniture, etc., and in such events the cost will be recovered through a collective fine.
- Students are not allowed to stay in the hostels during the college hours without any valid reason / permission from their respective Warden / Hostel Manager or Head of the Department.
- Ragging in any form is not permitted. If any student is found engaged in any kind of ragging activities he/she will be expelled from the college immediately.
- Study hours is from 8.30 p.m. to 10.30 p.m. during which time the door of the room must be left open (excepting/C room)
- No day-scholars or guests are permitted to stay in the hostel without availing permission from their respective Hostel Warden / Hostel Manager.
- Sticking posters, papers, photos, etc., on the walls of the hostel rooms is prohibited.
- All the students have to switch off the lights, fans and ACs of the room when they go out.
- Permission should be obtained from Chief Warden/Resident Warden for use of table fans or any other electrical appliances.
- Residents shall not organize or address any meeting in the hostel without prior permission of the Chief Warden.
- Laundry will be collected from residents.
- Consumption of drugs, alcohol and smoking are strictly prohibited in the campus hostel.
- In case of serious illness and infectious disease, the students should report the same to the concerned resident warden for necessary action.
- Playing cards or any other form of gambling is strictly prohibited in the hostel.
- The residents of hostels will not be permitted to keep any personal vehicles inside the college campus (two wheelers or four wheelers) except bicycles.
- Disciplinary action will be taken against resident students for violation of rules. In matters of indiscipline, the decision of the management shall be final. A student expelled on disciplinary grounds shall forfeit fee and deposit.
- Mobile phones cannot be used strictly during study hours.
Hostel Leave Rules
- Students, who are sick and want to go home or to their local guardian, must submit a fax requisition from parents and obtain permission from the Warden / Hostel Manager in the prescribed form. The same to be approved by the Vice Principal.
- Students who leave the hostels for weekends should apply for leave in the prescribed form and obtain permission before they leave the hostel. Students are allowed to go out for weekends only once in a month.
- Leave for reasons other than sickness should be obtained in advance from the Warden or respective H.O.D.
- All genuine grievances and problems should be reported to the Warden or respective H.O.D.
Hostel Mess Rules
- Entry into the kitchen is strictly prohibited, except the Resident Warden and mess committee members.
- Residents in the hostel should dine only in their respective hostel mess and should follow the mess rules and regulations strictly.
- No private cooking in the hostel rooms or in the hostel premises is permitted.
- Decent posture and attire is required and students should not shout or make noise in the dining hall.
- Food should not be taken to the rooms, except in case of illness, with the specific permission from Warden.
- Complaints regarding the quality of food and suggestions should be entered in the suggestion / complaint register available in the mess.
- The Residents should take utmost efforts to avoid wastage of food and water.
- Utensils, furniture or any other items shall not be moved out of the dining hall.
- All payments should be remitted on or before the due date to avoid unnecessary penalty.
Weekdays & Holidays
- Breakfast: 07.30 a.m. to 09.00 a.m. 07.30 a.m. to 09.30 a.m.
- Lunch: 12.45 p.m. to 01.30 p.m. 12.30 p.m. to 02.00 p.m.
- Tea: 04.15 p.m. to 05.30 p.m. 04.15 p.m. to 05.30 p.m.
- Dinner: 07.30 p.m. to 08.45 p.m. 07.30 p.m. to 08.45 p.m.
Additional Rules for Women Students
- Women students are permitted to go out of the campus only with the prior permission of the Resident Warden.
- Women students are permitted to go out during the weekends to visit relatives or local guardians once in a month, with the written approval of the parents. Overnight stay is permitted only with the parents or local guardian.
- Keeping jewels, costly articles and large amount of cash in the room can be avoided.
A Clean Room - A Healthy Environment
- Utilize the dustbin kept in the corridor for throwing the garbage.
- Keep the clothes, pillows and bedspreads neat and clean. Wash them at least once in a fortnight.
- Avoid foul smelling items inside your room.
- Ensure that your footwear is clean.
- Do not stick anything on the windows/doors/walls of the room.
- Students are advised to trim their hair at least once in a month.
- All students who require their expensive clothes / bedspread etc. to be dry-cleaned can get it done through the hostel manager.
Consumption of Water And Electricity
Water and electricity are precious. Avoid wastage of water while bathing and when using the toilet. See that the taps are kept closed after use. All electrical fittings should be switched off while leaving the rooms. Switch off ACs during power failures and when the voltage is low.
Special Facilities for Hostel Residents
- Bus facility will be provided for residents on every Sunday to visit the city.A vehicle is provided for them on campus in case of emergency.
- A doctor is available on campus.
- Annual cultural and sports day will be celebrated.
- Internet (WIFI) facility is available for all the residents at a minimal cost.
- A gymnasium facility is available inside the campus.