The college runs a full-fledged clinic which takes care of the students’ health and hygiene. Periodical medical examinations and vaccinations are provided for the staff and students through Smart Vision Diabetes Clinic which is the sister concern of the college.
Aim & Objectives
- To provide full fledged treatment for all our Students, Faculties,and Non Teaching staffs.
- To provide emergency treatment for all players near their play area during competitions.
- To provide 24*7 emergency services by our Medical Team
- To organize Awareness programs and short term courses regarding Health issues periodically for our students.
Regular medical treatment for all the students & faculty in our campus from 9.30 am to 6 pm has been provided by medical officer and a staff nurse. 24*7 service is also been provided by them during emergency situation.
We have consultation room & counseling room separately for patient privacy.
Blood investigation lab will be arranged soon in our Health Care to give complete medical aid.
Record maintainence of patients are perfect in our Centre, for future emergency situation of patients.
Regular weekly visits are undertaken by our medical officer to all ladies hostel for treatment to cope up with their transport inconvienience and couselling has also been done for few.
Monthly checkups are provided for Special education school students for their welfare.
Psychiatrist and Psychologist are visiting our college Health care regularly to give counseling for the students for excelling in their efficiency, concentration and academic performance and also for their stress related problems.
Our physiotherapist will be available round the clock during emergencies and visits our centre daily to treat injured students and also available during all competitions.
Full fledged first aid and emergency treatment has been provided by our medical team near the ground during competitions which have been conducted in our College campus.
Apart from all these, our medical officer provides lectures for the students of college of physical education to get deep knowledge about the normal anatomy, physiology of our body, sports injuries and health education.THE CAMPUS CLINIC
MEDICAL SERVICES AND FACILITIES
The following medical services and facilities are available for 24hours at the Campus Clinic:
24 hours Ambulance facility available in the campus for emergency cases
For all patients with wheezing, nebulisation is done with appropriate medicine to give immediate relief from wheezing in asthma patients.
- Availability of Doctors on all working days.
- Availability of Staff Nurse at the University Campus for 24 hours in all days.
- 4 Bed observation room for sick patients.
- Free medical consultations for students and staff
- Facility for Intravenous drips, is available for patients with giddiness, fever, etc.,
- All cases of injuries and accident are given first aid before referring them to nearby hospital.
- Small and minor cut injuries are sutured in the campus clinic itself.
- One dose of medicines given free of cost to the students.
- PHYSIOTHERAPY ULTRASOUND UNIT
Therapy equipment is available for ultrasound treatment for minor injuries , sprains etcHEIGHT AND WEIGHT MACHINE MANUAL & DIGITAL
Height and Weight Machine along with BMI calculator chart to motivate obese students to check their weightOXYCARE:
Disposable Oxygen Dispenser for acute asthmatic Patients.BLOOD GLUCOMETER:
For checking blood sugar levels in suspected hypoglycemic Emergencies.B.P. MACHINES MANUAL & DIGITAL:
for regular check-up of BPTHERMOMETER DIGITAL & MANUAL:
to identify body temperatureFOLDING STRETCHER:
For shifting patients.
We always stock essential medicines and injections for emergencies.
- Vaccines like TT, Hepatitis B, etc. are always available in the Campus Clinic
- We periodically organize free dental camps, subsidized immunization camps, free Bone Mineral density checkup camps etc., in association with NSS and NCC.
- We also supervise the Sick Rooms in the hostels, where basic medical facilities are available.
- Periodically, we conduct surprise inspections of the various catering facilities in the campus to supervise their hygiene and cleanliness.
- In case of emergency, we have a MOU with Chettinad and Praveena Hospitals.